MSC., BSC., PHD (In-View)
Jamila is a final year doctoral student at Glasgow Caledonian University. With over five years of teaching and nine years of banking experience, she has a vast knowledge of credit risk management and is grounded in research methodology (quantitative and qualitative).
Her areas of expertise include bank management, corporate finance, Islamic finance, personal finance and mortgage lending. Jamila has served in the capacity of Financial Director, and as a consultant with Sosai Renewable Energies and Dreamland Waste Management in Nigeria.
Jamila is currently the Provost for DAWSUN(Diaspora African Women's Support Network CIC), and she is responsible for ensuring that the bye-laws and the constitution of the organisation are adhered to by all the members. Part of her job remit includes enforcing all procedural rules during meetings. She also serves as the Chief Safeguarding Officer for DAWSUN.
Jamila volunteers with both Children 1st (a national charity) as a befriender to families recovering from alcohol and drug abuse, and with MCR Pathways, in partnership with Glasgow City Council.
- Improve child poverty and financial exclusion within our community
- Challenge female genital mutilation practices
- Challenge domestic and sexual violence
- Reduce gender inequalities in employment, wages and leadership roles
- Support and mentor young girls and women
- Promote life-long learning and well-grounded education for men and women
- Research economic, social and developmental challenges
- Promote African cultural heritage through events and documentaries
Get in Touch
To learn more about our BAME community organisation, the programmes we run, the events we host or anything else, please contact us